Planning Your Education
Having clear education goals will help you stay focused. Learn more about your options and develop a plan of action:
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Online Programs (MinnesotaOnline)
- University of Minnesota Degree Programs
- Minnesota Private Colleges and Universities
- Education Search Tools (ISEEK)
- College Board for Out of State Schools
- Online College Options
If you are undecided, these resources can help:
- Assessing Yourself
- Undecided Worksheet
- Types of Schools in Minnesota
- Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees Explained
- What Can I Do with a Major In ...?
- Common Misperceptions About Selecting a College Major
If you are a military Servicemember or veteran, you can view additional resources at MyMilitary GPS LifePlan.
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Navigate your CareerPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your values, interests, and skills?
- Researched possible career choices?
- Created a resume and cover letter?
- Activated your eFolio account?
- Started the job search process?
Navigate your EducationPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Developed SMART goals?
- Decided on a major or program of study?
- Assessed your learning style?
- Researched study skills and strategies?
- Arranged a meeting with an advising professional to select appropriate courses?
Navigate your FinancePlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Established your short and long-term financial goals?
- Created a budget?
- Explored resources to help you pay for college?
- Assessed your debt situation?
- Developed a savings plan for the future?
Navigate your LeadershipPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your leadership style?
- Completed a personality inventory?
- Formed your personal mission and vision statement?
- Explored the leadership resources?
- Participated in a campus or community activity to help build your leadership skills?
- Determined your Carbon Footprint?
Navigate your PersonalPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Explored the transition to college resources?
- Assessed your resiliency and ability to adapt to change?
- Established personal fitness goals?
- Examined the physical and mental wellness resources?
- Researched how to manage healthy relationships?