Leadership in Action
Some schools have inter/national Greek organizations, also known as fraternities and sororities. These organizations tend to focus on developing leadership and promoting volunteerism. Please check your campus for local opportunities. The national web sites below provide general information about Greek Life.
National Panhellenic Council This organization unites national sororities. Currently 26 inter/national organizations belong to the NPC.
North-American Interfraternity Conference This organization is committed to enhancing fraternity membership by uniting inter/national fraternities. Currently 71 fraternal organizations belong to the NIC.
International Honor Societies often exist on both four-year and two-year campuses. These organizations strive to recognize academic achievement and may be general or focused on a specific academic discipline.
Phi Beta Kappa (Undergraduate International Honor Society of the four-year institution)
Phi Theta Kappa (International Honor Society of the two-year institution)
Service Learning is an experience that combines meaningful service opportunities with classroom learning and reflection. Many campuses offer this option in a variety of courses. The following links provide information about state and national service learning organizations.
The student governing body on campus is considered the voice of the student body and addresses issues of student concern. While their specific roles may vary from campus to campus, they often represent the student body at events and on committees.
For more information on student governance in the state of Minnesota, check out these links:
Navigate your CareerPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your values, interests, and skills?
- Researched possible career choices?
- Created a resume and cover letter?
- Activated your eFolio account?
- Started the job search process?
Navigate your EducationPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Developed SMART goals?
- Decided on a major or program of study?
- Assessed your learning style?
- Researched study skills and strategies?
- Arranged a meeting with an advising professional to select appropriate courses?
Navigate your FinancePlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Established your short and long-term financial goals?
- Created a budget?
- Explored resources to help you pay for college?
- Assessed your debt situation?
- Developed a savings plan for the future?
Navigate your LeadershipPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your leadership style?
- Completed a personality inventory?
- Formed your personal mission and vision statement?
- Explored the leadership resources?
- Participated in a campus or community activity to help build your leadership skills?
- Determined your Carbon Footprint?
Navigate your PersonalPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Explored the transition to college resources?
- Assessed your resiliency and ability to adapt to change?
- Established personal fitness goals?
- Examined the physical and mental wellness resources?
- Researched how to manage healthy relationships?