Setting goals and defining the steps it takes to achieve them are important in order to be successful. The following resources can help you better understand why goal setting is important and can guide you as you set goals.
In some situations, making decisions can be easy. In other cases, it can be very complicated for groups. In order to be effective during this process, leaders must understand what different approaches they can use to help their group members be successful decision makers. For more information on what things groups should consider when making decisions and an explanation of the different approaches that can be used in the decision making process, check out the links below.
Motivating others is an important leadership skill that will help you get people involved and empower them to accomplish tasks. For ideas on how to motivate people and inspire groups, click on the following links:
Navigate your CareerPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your values, interests, and skills?
- Researched possible career choices?
- Created a resume and cover letter?
- Activated your eFolio account?
- Started the job search process?
Navigate your EducationPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Developed SMART goals?
- Decided on a major or program of study?
- Assessed your learning style?
- Researched study skills and strategies?
- Arranged a meeting with an advising professional to select appropriate courses?
Navigate your FinancePlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Established your short and long-term financial goals?
- Created a budget?
- Explored resources to help you pay for college?
- Assessed your debt situation?
- Developed a savings plan for the future?
Navigate your LeadershipPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your leadership style?
- Completed a personality inventory?
- Formed your personal mission and vision statement?
- Explored the leadership resources?
- Participated in a campus or community activity to help build your leadership skills?
- Determined your Carbon Footprint?
Navigate your PersonalPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Explored the transition to college resources?
- Assessed your resiliency and ability to adapt to change?
- Established personal fitness goals?
- Examined the physical and mental wellness resources?
- Researched how to manage healthy relationships?