- Planning Your Education
- Education Timeline and Tasks
- Home Work and Study Help
- Study Skills and Strategies
- Academic Integrity
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Language Learning
- Learning Disabilities
- Learning Styles
- Note Taking and Listening
- Online Learning Skills
- Reading Strategies
- Speaking and Working in Groups
- Study Skills for College
- Test Preparation and Anxiety
- Technology Skills
- Time Management
- Writing for College
- Preparing for Academic Success
- Charting Your Education Plan
- Reviewing and Adjusting Your Plan
- Using Library and Research Resources
Study Skills and Strategies
Studies show that we each have a learning style that best helps us to learn. Try at least one of the following assessments to see how you can maximize your learning skills. Assessments and results are free.
Index of Learning Styles (ILS) This is an on-line instrument used to assess learning preferences on four dimensions (active/reflective, sensing/intuitive, visual/verbal, and sequential/global).
Learning Style Assessments This site provides a general overview of learning styles.
LINKup Employability Skills Learning Styles This assessment helps you compare how you learn with key employment skills.
Multiple Intelligences Assessment This inventory is based on Howard Gardner's theories of eight different learning styles.
VARK Assessment This assessment measures your Visual, Aural, Reading & Writing, and Kinesthetic learning styles.
Note Taking and Listening Skills
Online Learning Skills
The following resources offer strategies for the online learner including an assessment, time management tips, netiquette, and more.
- Academic Skills Center
- Areas of Study
- Bookstore / Booklists
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- International Student Services
- Online Math & English Resources
- Peer Tutoring
- Online Learning and D2L
- Student eMail Accounts
- Standards of Academic Progress
- Transfer Student Services
- Veterans Services
Navigate your CareerPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your values, interests, and skills?
- Researched possible career choices?
- Created a resume and cover letter?
- Activated your eFolio account?
- Started the job search process?
Navigate your EducationPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Developed SMART goals?
- Decided on a major or program of study?
- Assessed your learning style?
- Researched study skills and strategies?
- Arranged a meeting with an advising professional to select appropriate courses?
Navigate your FinancePlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Established your short and long-term financial goals?
- Created a budget?
- Explored resources to help you pay for college?
- Assessed your debt situation?
- Developed a savings plan for the future?
Navigate your LeadershipPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your leadership style?
- Completed a personality inventory?
- Formed your personal mission and vision statement?
- Explored the leadership resources?
- Participated in a campus or community activity to help build your leadership skills?
- Determined your Carbon Footprint?
Navigate your PersonalPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Explored the transition to college resources?
- Assessed your resiliency and ability to adapt to change?
- Established personal fitness goals?
- Examined the physical and mental wellness resources?
- Researched how to manage healthy relationships?