Maintaining Personal Well-Being
Mental Health Resources
Mental health is an important aspect of your overall well-being. College counselors are typically available on campuses for students needing personal counseling, crisis intervention and mental health referrals. As with all other health concerns, it is best to consult a health professional if you need more specific information.
If you are a military service member or veteran, you can view additional information in regards to reintegration and mental health resources for you and your familiy at MyMilitary GPS LifePlan.
- Fight Mental Health Stigma
- Find a Mental Health Care Provider
- Mental Health and College Students
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota
- The Minnesota Department of Human Services
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Personal Management Resources
Specific Disorders and Resources
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Depression Screening Test
- Resources for Depression Care and Recovery
- Working with Men to Overcome Depression
- Eating Disorders?
- National Eating Disorders Association
- The Emily Program: Eating Disorder Treatment
- Something Fishy: Website on Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Self-Injury and Cutting
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Suicide Prevention
Navigate your CareerPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your values, interests, and skills?
- Researched possible career choices?
- Created a resume and cover letter?
- Activated your eFolio account?
- Started the job search process?
Navigate your EducationPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Developed SMART goals?
- Decided on a major or program of study?
- Assessed your learning style?
- Researched study skills and strategies?
- Arranged a meeting with an advising professional to select appropriate courses?
Navigate your FinancePlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Established your short and long-term financial goals?
- Created a budget?
- Explored resources to help you pay for college?
- Assessed your debt situation?
- Developed a savings plan for the future?
Navigate your LeadershipPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Assessed your leadership style?
- Completed a personality inventory?
- Formed your personal mission and vision statement?
- Explored the leadership resources?
- Participated in a campus or community activity to help build your leadership skills?
- Determined your Carbon Footprint?
Navigate your PersonalPlan by referencing the checklist below.
- Explored the transition to college resources?
- Assessed your resiliency and ability to adapt to change?
- Established personal fitness goals?
- Examined the physical and mental wellness resources?
- Researched how to manage healthy relationships?