Planning Your Education
Selecting a School
Prepare for College There are several advantages to pursuing post-secondary education, including increased earning potential. Find out more about all the benefits at this site.
Types of Schools in Minnesota This site provides brief descriptions for each of the various post-secondary institutions in Minnesota.
Steps to Choosing a School This site offers advice on what steps to take when looking at post-secondary schools.
Pocket Guide to Choosing a College This sites contains a guide to choosing a college and examples of questions to ask when looking at schools.
Apply to College It is important to know how to apply for the schools and/or programs that you wish to pursue. Find out more about the admission process at this site.
Strategies for Undecided Students
If you are undecided or unclear about what you want to study, consider visiting the CareerPlan, where you can take assessments to learn more about yourself, explore possible careers and learn about education/training options.
Other things you can do to help you decide on a major or program of study include:
- Meet with a counselor or other academic advising professional
- Talk with an instructor or professor
- Interview family, friends, and acquaintances about their career journeys
Undecided Worksheet This offers some suggestions for students who have not yet decided on a major/program of study.
- Academic Advising
- Admissions, Records and Registration
- College Catalog: Academic Programs Overviews, Requirements and Course Schedules
- DARS: Degree Audit Reporting System
- Disability Support Services
- International Student Services
- The Learning Center
- Multicultural Student Services
- Student Support Services Program/TRIO
- Supplemental/ Career and Technical Services
- Tutoring Services
- Veterans Services
- High School Student GPS LifePlan