- Planning Your Education
- Education Timeline and Tasks
- Home Work and Study Help
- Study Skills and Strategies
- Preparing for Academic Success
- Charting Your Education Plan
- Reviewing and Adjusting Your Plan
- Using Library and Research Resources
Preparing for Academic Success
Alternative Options for Earning College Credit
Some students have college credits completed before they officially start college. Some programs allow you to test out of classes and others give you credit for non-academic experiences. Below are some alternative ways to earn college credit:
Advanced Placement (AP) This is a nationally standardized program with courses and tests in a variety of subjects. Students may participate while attending high school. Many colleges and universities offer credit to students who attain a certain score on the exams.
College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP) This program provides general and subject specific standardized tests. Many colleges and universities will accept this credit if a certain score is attained. Check with the institution that you plan to attend as there may be a limit to the amount of credit an institution will accept.
Credit for Prior Learning This site describes some ways to gain credit for your work or life experiences.
DSST (Dantes) Examinations These standardized tests are usually administered to military personnel and may be recognized for college-level credit if a certain score is achieved.
International Baccalaureate Program (IB) This program is a comprehensive approach to international education and includes curriculum for students aged three to nineteen. Some colleges and universities will recognize the IB diploma for credit.
Post-Secondary Options Program (PSEO) This program allows eligible high school juniors and seniors to enroll in college-level classes and earn credit at both the high school and post-secondary levels.
- Academic Advising
- Admissions, Records and Registration
- College Catalog: Academic Programs Overviews, Requirements and Course Schedules
- DARS: Degree Audit Reporting System
- Disability Support Services
- International Student Services
- The Learning Center
- Multicultural Student Services
- Student Support Services Program/TRIO
- Supplemental/ Career and Technical Services
- Tutoring Services
- Veterans Services
- High School Student GPS LifePlan