- Planning Your Education
- Education Timeline and Tasks
- Study Skills and Strategies
- Academic Integrity
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Language Learning
- Learning Disabilities
- Learning Styles
- Note Taking and Listening
- Online Learning Skills
- Reading Strategies
- Speaking and Working in Groups
- Study Skills for College
- Test Preparation and Anxiety
- Technology Skills
- Time Management
- Writing for College
- Preparing for Academic Success
- Charting Your Education Plan
- Reviewing and Adjusting Your Plan
- Using Library and Research Resources
Study Skills and Strategies
College-level course work can often be more demanding than what is typically experienced in high school. Most college courses are designed to enhance critical thinking skills and require you to apply knowledge in new ways. If you have not been taking the rigorous college-track classes in high school or if it has been more than a few years since you have had high school courses, you may find that there are some academic skills that you may need to further develop in order to be better prepared for college-level coursework. Below are some resources related to evaluating and improving your academic skills.
Honesty, trust, respect, fairness, and responsibility are part of college as well as part of life.
Critical Thinking Skills
Success in college depends on the development of higher level thinking skills.
Many Languages General study tools for many languages including vocabulary, games, and links to other sites.
Learning disabilities and difficulties in college
ADHD & Studying This site includes strategies to help you in school, with homework, and help with overall learning.
ADHD - A Student's Guide to Success Understanding the types of ADHD and ADD can help you to create study strategies to help you succeed in college. Three subtypes are identified in this website.
Learning Disabilities Online This site contains study skills, strategies, and tips on dealing with learning disabilities in college and in life.
LDRC-Learning Disabilities Resource Community This resource provides information about various types of learning disabilities, tips about transitioning to college, and strategies for studying.
- Academic Advising
- Admissions, Records and Registration
- College Catalog: Academic Programs Overviews, Requirements and Course Schedules
- DARS: Degree Audit Reporting System
- Disability Support Services
- International Student Services
- The Learning Center
- Multicultural Student Services
- Student Support Services Program/TRIO
- Supplemental/ Career and Technical Services
- Tutoring Services
- Veterans Services
- High School Student GPS LifePlan